View Full Version : hx 2795 Brick

scarneck
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
I think I have a new POS. I have a refurbursed PPC purchased on Ebay. It's only a week or so old. It was turning on by itself and draining the battery so I looked into doing an update. However before that, the screen locked up and touching it with the stylus didn't work. I can do a soft reset, but the problem persisted. I decided to try and update it, but that went south fast. now I have an error message that says updated failed to install, take it to a service center.
The only modification I did was put the fingerprint technology into action, and it still works, but it's locked up hard. I tried to clean, hard reset, and nothing worked.
Did I just by a brick?

scarneck
08-12-2006, 08:36 AM
UPDATE:
I finally got it to reset. Now the screen goes to the alignment of the screen, after I tap the center, it goes to the top left and freezes.

I got nothing.

phlemb
08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I bought one of the 2795's on EBAY also, No Problems as of yet....
If purchased recently they still come with a full 1 years manufatures warranty, contact HP and they should be able to tell you what to do to repair it or have it replaced

good luck

airconvent
08-30-2006, 05:29 PM
mm..why did you call the 2750 a brick? compared with the dell and the 4700,, its actually quite small and compact. with the flip screen, you are spared the bulky leather case too...

haesslich
08-31-2006, 04:05 AM
mm..why did you call the 2750 a brick? compared with the dell and the 4700,, its actually quite small and compact. with the flip screen, you are spared the bulky leather case too...

By 'brick', he means 'dead' - when you 'brick' a piece of electronics, you render it inoperable. Aka 'like a brick. it just lies there'.