View Full Version : Rarity from the Hollow -- SF Ebook

robert eggleton
08-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm a therapist in a children's mental health program in West Virginia, U.S. I wrote a science fiction novel. "Rarity from the Hollow" is available from www.fatcatpress.com. A satirical essay about its self-promotion was published last month by Wingspan Quarterly www.wingspanquarterly.com. Jag Lall, English comic book artist, did the cover pro bono.

"Rarity" has received several blurbs, some of which are on the publisher's site. SpecFicWorld gave me a year's free advertising (it normally charges). A review will appear in Baryon Online sometime next month http://www.baryon-online.com. The best sentences are:

"Eggleton has crafted a novel that deals with social commentary mixed with some eerie science fiction and a strange problem that Lacy has to solve to save the universe with the help of her family and her dog, Brownie. I can almost hear a blue grass version of Metallica while reading this. I expect to see more from Eggleton and Lacy Dawn. Good satire is hard to find and science fiction satire is even harder to find."

-- Barry Hunter

Depending on a schedule, from ten to fifty percent of any profits I receive will be donated to prevent child abuse: Children's Home Society of West Virginia (CHS, Dennis Sutton, Executive Director, 304-346-6644).

If you have recommendations on promoting this project, please let me know. I have zilch funds.

Robert Eggleton