View Full Version : E-Book reader question

David_C
08-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I am using Microsoft Reader on my WM 5 Hx 4700 device and I was wondering 2 things:

(1) Is there a "better" reader out there?
(2) Is there a reader which will automaitcially scroll at a specific rate, say 2 lines per second???

Dave

Nurhisham Hussein
08-08-2006, 11:14 AM
1. Depends on what you mean by better - tastes vary, as do functions, but which reader you use is usually restricted by the format of the ebooks you have (*.lit is propreitary). I use Microsoft Reader 95% of the time, though I do have others. I like Mobipocket, too.

2. Try Mobipocket, it's free. It won't read *.lit files though.

pivaska
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
If you page through all of the e-book posts you will probably find that readers are as personal as one's own likes and dislikes in PDA's. You will have to go through most of them to find the feature(s) that you are looking for and then settle in. I use MS Reader most of the time because that is the format that I downloaded most of my books in. I also use Hali Reader. The feature that you mentioned is in a reader that is suppose to improve your reading speed. I am not sure what company it is but it does scroll at an indicated rate. I know what you mean about pressing the button to go to the next page so I have remapped my buttons for easy finger access.

iant54
08-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I believe uBook (http://www.gowerpoint.com/uBook_main.html) has the auto-scrolling feature you're looking for - but it doesn't handle .lit files - it only handles TXT, .RTF, .HTML, .PML, .PDB and .PRC (Non-Secure).

Paragon
08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
eReader Pro has an auto scroll function, and it is one of the most popular readers out there.

http://www.ereader.com/

Hx4700
08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I'll second eReader Pro as a good choice.
Fictionwise offerers most of their books in several formats. I choose eReader first -- and MS Reader only as a last resort because of their DRM.
Ron...

David_C
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Just got E-Book as a test and only problem (so far) is that it does not support .LIT books :( :(

ironguy
08-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't believe that any of the readers support lit files, only MSReader. However, there are ways to convert to txt! Google it!

I like uBook a lot.