View Full Version : async 4.2 syncs fine in cradle but when removed I have to stop and restart it

Browchay
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks,

I have a HW6915. I've got activsync 4.2 running on my PC (XP SP2). Everything syncs fine when its in the cradle.

When I remove it from the cradle the only way I can get it to sync automatically with our exchange server is if I go into 'running programs' (under memory management) and stop the activesync program and then restart it. After I do this the sync works perfectly.

I put it back in the cradle.. it carries on with the sync fine until the next time I remove it, then I have to stop and restart the active sync on the Ipaq again.

Anyone else experienced this on another device or anything similar ?

Thanks in advance,

Browchay

Janak Parekh
08-05-2006, 01:14 AM
8O This is a strange problem. Do you have third-party software on the device, especially software that runs in the background?

--janak

Browchay
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
nope. Nothing else is running. When I look into the active tasks the only think running on the Ipaq is active sync. I've tried resetting back to factory settings, reinstalling active sync on thelaptop etc etc .. always the same.

At least I know how to get it to work :) .. but it is a bit of a pain ! :roll: