View Full Version : This just in...

DarkHelmet
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Now that just about everyone (wait for it...) has a functioning ROM image for their Windows Mobile 5 PDAs, I have to wonder if there is anyone out there who has been able to get Windows Mobile to run correctly on a Dell Axim x50v?

I have the disk (from Dell - $39). Bought it almost a year ago, but couldn't get it to work right.

So, my x50v is parked on WM2003SE. How about you?

I am no NOOB and am not afraid to "hack" the registry (if necessary) - but I am hoping to find a clear roadmap to WM5. Responses are appreciated.

Darius Wey
08-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Now that just about everyone (wait for it...) has a functioning ROM image for their Windows Mobile 5 PDAs, I have to wonder if there is anyone out there who has been able to get Windows Mobile to run correctly on a Dell Axim x50v?

I have the disk (from Dell - $39). Bought it almost a year ago, but couldn't get it to work right.

So, my x50v is parked on WM2003SE. How about you?

Yes, Windows Mobile 5.0 on the X50/X50v is annoyingly frustrating. There are numerous tips and hacks provided here (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=109) to make it run "okay", but it really shouldn't have to come down to that. The Axim community across multiple sites has been very vocal about Dell's shoddy implementation of the OS on the device. Let's hope Dell does something about it in the not-too-distant future.