View Full Version : Album Art

rookcnu
07-30-2006, 06:14 AM
How do you make Album Art show up on the screen for TCPMP like it does on WMP 10? Is it possible?

Also, is there such a thing as DVD Art from your movies? And if so, can that show up on TCPMP as well?

Darius Wey
07-31-2006, 12:02 PM
How do you make Album Art show up on the screen for TCPMP like it does on WMP 10? Is it possible?

Depends on the media (e.g., MP3, WMA, etc.), and depends on how the album art is transferred (e.g., embedded in the file, or separate as a JPG). Are you able to share additional details?

Also, try the test release instead of the public release: http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

Also, is there such a thing as DVD Art from your movies? And if so, can that show up on TCPMP as well?

To my understanding, TCPMP doesn't support DVD cover art. And, even if it did support it, with the small screen size of a Pocket PC, it would defeat the purpose of watching a movie.

rookcnu
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Depends on the media (e.g., MP3, WMA, etc.),

Many kinds - my music is very scattered in its format. Should I try and get it all into one format? Ogg, maybe?

depends on how the album art is transferred (e.g., embedded in the file, or separate as a JPG).

Hmmm,... I have no idea here. Not sure how to embed the art. Is this the way that would be the best? If so, how do I do this? If separate as a JPG, how do I do that?

As always,... thanks for the help!

Darius Wey
07-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Many kinds - my music is very scattered in its format. Should I try and get it all into one format? Ogg, maybe?

TCPMP's album art support for WMA files is a bit spotty. However, it works well with MP3s and select AACs, provided the art is embedded in the file.

Hmmm,... I have no idea here. Not sure how to embed the art. Is this the way that would be the best?

For TCPMP, yes. For WMP 10 Mobile, no.

You can embed art on your PC. Below is one way of doing it, but bear in mind that there are plenty of other applications that can perform the same function.

(1) Open the media files in Windows Media Player.
(2) In the "Now Playing" view or "Library" view, right-click the relevant media files, and select "Advanced Tag Editor".
(3) Click on the "Pictures" tab.
(4) Add the art (usually JPG), choose the category (usually "User Defined" or "Cover (Front)"), then select "Apply".
(5) The art is now embedded. Transfer them over to your Pocket PC.

Jason Dunn
07-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Media Monkey (www.mediamonkey.com) is a fantastic tool for working with album art in audio files: it can add and remove embedded JPEGs very easily.