View Full Version : mda as wireless modem for my laptop

BGIBBONS
07-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Im trying to use my mda as a modem for my laptop,when I activate the modem link on the mda my laptop will recognize the htc modem has been detected but thats all :evil: any ideas would be great..

Nurhisham Hussein
07-31-2006, 01:37 AM
Some details would be nice:

1. How are you connecting your MDA with your laptop - wifi, bluetooth or USB?

2. Do you have a dataplan with your cellphone provider?

3. If so, did you configure the connections settings on the laptop? You need the number (typically *99#), username, password and APN if you're connecting through your cellphone provider's dataplan. BTW internet dial-up to an ISP won't work.

BGIBBONS
07-31-2006, 04:13 AM
I am using a usb,and yes i have a full unlimited data plan.when I put my sim card in my wireless air card everything works fine i do not need to enter a number or username or anything like that and the same when I use my razor I just plug it in and click connect and thats it.

Nurhisham Hussein
07-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I am using a usb,and yes i have a full unlimited data plan.when I put my sim card in my wireless air card everything works fine i do not need to enter a number or username or anything like that and the same when I use my razor I just plug it in and click connect and thats it.

Probably because the settings are already there - for a Windows Mobile device you have to input everything manually. Which carrier are you using?

BGIBBONS
07-31-2006, 06:56 PM
T-Mobile

Nurhisham Hussein
08-01-2006, 02:11 AM
That explains part of it - T-Mobile doesn't use a username or password. I'm assuming here that your T-Mobile is a GSM network? This page (http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Tether_with_Windows_XP) has all the instructions on what to do. From the looks of things, you should probably use the 'T-Mobile Internet' APN - ignore the bluetooth part, it's not relevant to you.

HTH.