View Full Version : Bt profile disabling/Telus customisations/How to fix?

Cybrid
07-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Ok.
Based on a HoFo post, I managed to interrupt the Telus customisation routine. I also did the regedit to show the "Extended Rom"
I now have a "clean OEM device" and there is still no OBEX BT profile, PAN or anything other than headset, DUN, serial port.
MMS is still disabled. I'd like to be able to send pics to another phone regardless of data cost. (the official reason this was disabled...they couldn't distinguish between MMS and regular data)
Anyone know where I should be looking? :lol:

Menneisyys
07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Ok.
Based on a HoFo post, I managed to interrupt the Telus customisation routine. I also did the regedit to show the "Extended Rom"
I now have a "clean OEM device" and there is still no OBEX BT profile, PAN or anything other than headset, DUN, serial port.
MMS is still disabled. I'd like to be able to send pics to another phone regardless of data cost. (the official reason this was disabled...they couldn't distinguish between MMS and regular data)
Anyone know where I should be looking? :lol:

Your mobile phone model? Does it run the MS or the Widcomm BT stack?

Cybrid
07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
UTStarcom 6700, WM5, MS stack...

Cybrid
07-27-2006, 08:27 PM
There's a registry key that even makes that partition accessible (Currently read only) I didn't feel brave enough to tamper with that yet. Copied the partition to an sd card and started exploring...one is named handango__.sa.cab. As for the others, some are today screen and homepage changes. Seems like the PRL's, NAM, and other essential details are elsewhere. Works just fine as a phone. The only thing I think I really need is the one that configures the connection manager settings. I just want to be sure I know exactly what each does before I selectively pick which cabs I want.
As for interuppting the customisation routine, that was a simple soft reset. After the hard reset welcome screen/screen alignment, a little "Telus custom....in 3 seconds...ok" window pops up. Soft reset then and boom...The Fugly telus default today screen and useless homepage are gone. So is the wonderful TM connection manager profile that lets switching between EVDO and WiFi to be nearly seemless. (apparently Sprint and Alltel need manual configuring ) Verizon disabled using the phone and WiFi @ same time. For once, TM got it right. However that still leaves some oddly named stuff that do unknown possibly important things.
Config.txt copy below......in quotes my comments...

LOCK:Enabled"?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Default_Setting.sa.CAB
"?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\telus_setting.sa.CAB "?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\DPST.sa.CAB"?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Link.sa.CAB"?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\handango_software_store.sa.CAB"handango garbage"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Dpstdll.sa.CAB"?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\AmdCmdInt.sa.CAB"?"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_WelcomeMessage_Apac_209701.sa.CAB"Welcome Message cab?"
EXEC:\Windows\WelcomeMessage.exe" Welcome to Telu$"
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_Version_Apac_209701.sa.CAB"?"