View Full Version : Problems Connecting To The Internet After Installing ActiveSync 4.2?

Ed Hansberry
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM
<a href="http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/552203-post22.html">http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/552203-post22.html</a><br /><br /><i>"To all those who have had problems with connecting to the internet from the device when upgrading from ActiveSync 4.1 to 4.2: ActiveSync version 4.2 made a change to how it interacts with the Windows networking stack to use Layered Service Providers (LSPs) on outgoing Desktop-Pass-Through connections. This allows for improved compatibility in environments where connections to the internet must be passed through these LSPs (ISA Proxy is one such example)."</i><br /><br />If you have an LSP and ActiveSync 4.2, you should check out the above article and consider installing the registry hack that corrects the issue.

dhpss
07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
It would be good to post how to undo this regitry modification. I applied it and my ActiveSync acts strange...

Jerry Raia
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
If you are comfortable using the registry editor you can simply remove this value from the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
"AllowLSP"=dword:00000000

Just delete the "AllowLSP" Value. That was all that was added.

Ed Hansberry
07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
It would be good to post how to undo this regitry modification. I applied it and my ActiveSync acts strange...
did it fix your internet connection problem?

dhpss
07-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Yes, Ed after removing this change my ActiveSync / Axim X51v work again over USB. Before that I had to sync over Bluetooth.

It looks like this only apply to some WM5 phone edition...

Rok
07-19-2006, 08:46 PM
I fixed my AS 4.2-related Internet connection issues with WinsockxpFix.exe - now it works as it should.

Cheers,
Rok

Ed Hansberry
07-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Yes, Ed after removing this change my ActiveSync / Axim X51v work again over USB. Before that I had to sync over Bluetooth.

no, I meant did applying the registry fix correct the problem you were having connecting to the internet before you read the post today?