View Full Version : Netfront ver 3.3 'Stuck' proxy address problem

cybizap
07-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Platform: iPAQ 2210 PDA – Windows 2003
WIFI access via Linksys wireless G compactflash card
Browers - Netfront ver 3.3, Pocket WinIE
Normal PDA sync point = company’s network environment

Issue: Netfront has “captured” my company proxy address and port during installation. Both “Auto-retrieve” and “Use Proxy” boxes show up as checked. [Menu area: Tools > Browser Setting > Network > Proxy]

When I uncheck the “Auto-retrieve” box, the address and port change from ‘grayed out’ to active text. When I uncheck the “Use proxy” box, and re-check “Auto Retrieve”, and leave the menu, the “Use proxy” box ‘re-checks’ itself.

When I check the “Use proxy” box and backspace the port number and address out of the text fields and exit the menu, the information re-appears when the menu is re-entered.

The problem is that Netfront cannot locate and use the Linksys wireless card, as it appears to always be ‘looking’ for the gateway address instead of finding the card. Internet explorer accesses the Linksys card without a problem.

Can anyone help me find a way to possibly replace the Netfront program file which contains this info with a ‘null file’ or some similar fix or any other fix that anyone has found to allow the program to delete the proxy and auto find the Linksys card.