View Full Version : Notification Error

rookcnu
07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I keep getting this Notification Error and I don't know why. I had this application on my Cingular 8125 called "Smartskey". I have used it for a while with no problems. Well, when I did a hard reset last week, I decided to reinstall it to my storage card instead of main memory. I started getting this error message:

"Cannot execute "\Storage Card\smartskey.exe"

So, I decided to copy it back over to main memory from Storage. No luck. I still get the same message. I have even deleted the file (.exe) from main memory and storage, did a soft reset and I STILL get the same error message on boot up.

Help!

Nurhisham Hussein
07-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Have a look in your \Windows\Startup folder and see if there are any links to smartskey there. This error usually occurs when a program is registered to start after a soft reset - it sounds like you did a hard reset, but not it didn't clear out any of the user files left behind.

rookcnu
07-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Hmmmm!

I only see six items in that folder and none of them look like they belong to that program.

Here is what I have in there:

- CapNotify
- custTDYTSK
- Init_Tray
- poutlook
- sddaemon
- WiFiInit

I recognize some of these, but not all. Do you know what some of these go to?

Please somone help me with this. I do not want to have to hard reset again just to get rid of this annoying error message. I just did a hard reset ten days ago.

Thanks!

rookcnu
07-19-2006, 05:12 PM
So, I went ahead and did the hard reset anyway. But that didn't change a thing once I re-installed the smartskey.exe.

Could it be that this thing was not meant to be installed on the storage card?

I had it on main memory for months with no problem. Since my last hard reset (10 days ago) I have been installing it on storage card and have had problems with it ever since.

Don't understand why it won't work from the storage card and I don't understand why I cannot get rid of the message even after I remove the program.

Any help?

Thanks!