View Full Version : A2DP on Qtek S200 ... EASY!!

Tunico
07-16-2006, 04:47 AM
Hi,
I have been up and down the net searching for a way to use my new Motorola bluetooth stereo headset with my S200 phone.
All I could find was that I needed A2DP, and to get that I needed to do strange and dangerous things with my phone, like re-imaging the ROM (?) or something radical like that....
....until I found this website from Portugal:

http://www.pocketpt.net

Someone posted 2 very small CAB files to copy to the phone memory...a soft reset and...VOILA! I have A2DP running perfect.

Now I can listen to mp3s on a light stereo headset and when a call comes in the music pauses (with a crossfade of the mp3 and the phone's ringtone) and I can take the call with just one button push. To hang-up another button push and to resume the music another button push. The phone even responds to voice commands !
The integration of the phone and headset is complete.

The site from Portugal is in portuguese (of course), but Google translate can do a good enough job.
I see the Qtek S200 is not very popular on this forum, so if anyone is interested and have dificulty with the language please tell me and I post here a step-by-step tutorial in english (just a few lines, realy)

Tunico

ADBrown
07-16-2006, 08:31 AM
The hack that you mention originated on XDA-Developers.com. It's a good site if you're interested in tweaking any of the HTC-built phone devices. They're sold under te Qtek, i-mate, Dopod, T-Mobile, and O2 brands, as well as others. Your particular device is also called the HTC Prophet.

xavibj
08-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Can you send me the link where you get those files? I can't find them.

Thanks.

rcosta
08-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Yes, it´s a really good forum. My point off view... but i´m portuguese

When you have difficulties with the portuguese language, ask me, i´ll be pleasure to help you.

I also have a s200 qtek, great pocket phone edition, enjoy yours!

Rui

xavibj
08-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Rui, I'm trying to find cabs to enable a2dp on my qtek s200, Can you help me ?,

Thanks,

Xavi.

rcosta
08-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Xavi

i searched like Tunico in pocketpc.net and i have founded this link,
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125956

try there, and see if it can help.
in there, they explain that you have to run those 2 cab files, and then proceed to a soft reset.

Try to help
Rui

pony13ca
09-06-2006, 01:54 AM
The Hack seem to have worked on my PPC 6700. I do now see the option for wireless stereo, but I can't select it. Any ideas?