View Full Version : is opening notes usually this slow?

crabstix
07-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I am an ex-zire72 user and am spoiled by the speed at which memos opens so quickly. I now use the HP Hw6515. My device takes 5-10 seconds to open memos. Is this normal?

On my zire I had tons and tons of files within the 20 categories which I used to have. The amount of data I used to be able to fit on each file was limted on my palm for some strange reason (not sure if this is the same for all palms) so I used to open many new pages within the same sub category e.g restaurants 1, restaurants 2, restaurants 3 etc.

I used to use handstory to store many webclips (over 100mb of web clips). when I look at my sd card using a sd card reader I can see these webclips as pwi files. They data files look white and faded (I don't know what that means!). Is it safe to delete these without affecting my registry?
Is that the cause of the slow opening of memos?

With the help from a friend I was able to sync all my old palm data to my new PPC. Is it normal for my memos to open so slowly? I suspect that it is because I have so many files within each category but I am not sure. Would having 20 folders instead of 200 make things faster? If so I will try to go through the manual to find a way to categorize my data so that I drag subfolders in main folders.

Is there any way to make memos open up quicker? I use memos a lot during the day so it makes sense for me to be able to access it quicker.

Also is there a way for me to make my tasks disappear (like on my palm) when I have completed them instead of crossing them off?

Starting to really miss my zire 72!