View Full Version : MP3 ringtone not working on WM5.0

epimazzo
07-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi folks!

I hope you guys can help me on this issue as I've been stucked without any idea to get out of it.

I'm trying to use a Mp3 as my incoming call ringtone on my I-mate K-jam running Windows Mobile Phone Edition 5.0. No luck at all. Even I setup as SET AS RINGTONE by a thirdparty software it still didn't work. If you go to SETTINGS/SOUNDS & NOTIFICATIONS and change for the MP3 are you trying to use, the windows goes back to Windows Default ringtone automatically. What the hell is going on?

Any help is really appreciated!

thanks in advance.

Edu :cry:

Darius Wey
07-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Even I setup as SET AS RINGTONE by a thirdparty software it still didn't work.

Which third-party application have you tried? You may want to give Ringo Mobile (http://electricpocket.com/products/ringo-mobile.html) a go, if you haven't already.

Sven Johannsen
07-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Don't know what your issue is but I have a 1.5M 1min 45sec MP3 dropped into my \Windows\Rings folder on my I-Mate K-Jam. It shows up in the Settings>Phone>Ring Tone drop down and plays just fine on an incoming call. No additional software to make that work.

Is that where you have your MP3? does it show up in the drop down? does it play when you test it?