View Full Version : GotVoice

DerekAbney
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Has anyone heard of this service? My friend just told me about it and it sounds cool. You sign up for free and can have it check voicemails from various phone numbers and forward them to your e-mail inbox so you can be alerted to them, save them, forward them, etc. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

mscdex
07-14-2006, 06:58 AM
I used to use it when I had my prepaid cell phone. Worked pretty good for the most part, and especially good for being free. Wasn't even any ads or anything like that when listening to your messages. I believe you can even have it scheduled to call your voicemail and retrieve the messages automatically too. They may have added more features since I last used it too.

DerekAbney
07-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback, mscdex...

Yeah..I went to the GotVoice site (http://www.gotvoice.com/) and checked it out a little. The service is free, and it will call your voicemail a certain number of times a day and e-mail them to you. I think it's a great idea since it's hard for me to check my cell voicemail at work. It's also a great idea if you have a prepaid phone, like you said...From the site, it also looks like if you want it to check more often, you can pay a small fee and upgrade for the premium service. I think I'm gonna sign on...it's a good idea and can't hurt.

Anyone else tried it and liked or not liked it?