View Full Version : Be Extreme About Laptop Vigilance: Works for Mobile Devices, Too

Raphael Salgado
07-13-2006, 03:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/business_columnists/article/0,1426,MCA_441_4834794,00.html' target='_blank'>http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca...4834794,00.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"...If you lose your laptop computer, you also lose its hard drive -- and all the data it contains. No, it's not the price of the PC that matters, it's the information about you or your company that should concern you. Millions of laptops are lost or stolen each year. Safeware.com, a firm that provides laptop loss insurance, annually pays hundreds of thousands of claims, but acknowledges that most laptops are not insured. Here's what you can do to protect yourself..."</i><br /><br />While this article was targeted for laptop owners, these precautions can work for any mobile device as well, especially if you've invested in upwards of $1000 or more when you add up the accessories. 8O I think it's a great read and provides some tips you might otherwise not be aware of. I'm sure some of you have had some horror stories, and could include a tip or two to make sure others don't ever have that experience, yes?

Darius Wey
07-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Some great tips there - a few are just common sense, but they're very easy to forget when you're caught in a busy moment. :(

PDANEWBIE
07-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats funny...

No matter how much I preach there is some user who has kept their 1 important document on their laptop and now its gone.

Most the entire article I found I had been aware of but there is one obscenely common one that is left unsaid.

WHEN NOT IN YOUR CAR HIDE YOUR LAPTOP OR PUT IT IN THE TRUNK!

Alot of times you car is broken into JUST to get to the laptop.

Also another good thing is the proximity locks that you put on the PC and it locks the PC if you walk away from it. But thats not really covered either.

nuff said it will mostly go unheard by the masses anyway. :)