View Full Version : email to sms

victore
07-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I work as a systems engineer for a mid sized company. We run almost all of our applications via Citrix MetaFrame. If we have a problem with the servers, I can get on the phone system and notify all my in house users of a problem. However, over half my users are in remote offices. All of them have SMS enabled cellphones. I'm looking for a way to send them a message letting them know when they can expet to be back online.

I know that I can add their cellphone numbers to my address book and add "@teleflip.com", but I would like to keep the solution "in house". Is there any programs that will send directly to a cell phone w/o going through a third party service?

Cybrid
07-13-2006, 03:50 AM
I work as a systems engineer for a mid sized company. We run almost all of our applications via Citrix MetaFrame. If we have a problem with the servers, I can get on the phone system and notify all my in house users of a problem. However, over half my users are in remote offices. All of them have SMS enabled cellphones. I'm looking for a way to send them a message letting them know when they can expet to be back online.

I know that I can add their cellphone numbers to my address book and add "@teleflip.com", but I would like to keep the solution "in house". Is there any programs that will send directly to a cell phone w/o going through a third party service? SMS is dependent on the carrier's service. There really is no "in-house" in this situation.