View Full Version : Should I Upgrade or Buy New

cephus6
07-11-2006, 07:17 PM
For my mobile needs, I am currently using a MPX220 Smartphone and HP 2215 PocketPC.

Both are doing the job for me. I mainly use the the 2215 for contact management and to check email. So I can leave my laptop at the office. I have a WIF card installed.

I have been considering upgrading my 2215 to 128MB. I have been told this will make it more stable.

I have also been considering buying a new PPC/Phone combo, like the new HP 6900 series.

Anyone recommend one way or the other? Is WM5 worth it? Does it fix any of the major problems WM2003?

Opinions welcome!

Thanks

WCSPCManager
07-12-2006, 06:02 AM
By the way I just joined this forum about an hour after you made this post...

Anyway, you seem to be all set with your current gear (you don't seem to want to make any miracles like streaming video or controlling your PC).

But if you really want to upgrade, your MPX is GSM right? The HTC Wizard looks nice, if you can afford the loss in mhz (yeah yeah, fancy processor, but... i don't know...).

Heck, (if you got the money!) get a HTC Universal and get it over with! :-D

As for WM5, at first I talked to a lot of faithful 2003SE people and they said of the horrors, but when I saw stuff like the XV6700 and PPC6700, a lot of cool features that I had wished for were there! Like 1 handed navigation of the bottom menu bar and saving pictures on Internet Explorer! So I'm getting an Alltel PPC6700 soon! But it can't compete with my hx2415's Microdrive...

Menneisyys
07-12-2006, 08:22 AM
I have been considering upgrading my 2215 to 128MB. I have been told this will make it more stable.

????

The 2210 is very stable. I don't really see the point in upgrading its memory. If you do have memory shortage problems, relocate/clean up the main memory. The 64M RAM in the 2210 is more than enough if you do relocate stuff and clean up the memory. I've published tons of articles on this stuff - use the forum search engine.

Besides, upgading the 2210 to 128M costs a lot of $$$. Why not get a newer device instead?

Anyone recommend one way or the other? Is WM5 worth it? Does it fix any of the major problems WM2003?

WM5 is a big step forward. I'd definitely go for it.

BTW, I wouldn't get the hx6916 because of the square screen. Go for, say, the HTC Wizard or the forthcoming Hermes instead.

r@dimus
07-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Had you considered replacing your 2215 with a Dell X51v? You get a VGA screen, 4x the built-in memory, WiFi & Bluetooth, and you get to keep the dual card slots.