View Full Version : PPC6700 with Logitech BT headphones issue

arnage2
07-08-2006, 06:59 AM
I just bought the black Bluetooth Logitech headphones for my Sprint ppc6700. I am having trouble getting the headphones to work once paired with the ppc. The two pair up, but nothing is available under services that the headphones can be used for.

Has anyone successfully paired the two, and used them without the provided adapter from Logitech? If so, how do I go about doing this?

thank you

Jon Westfall
07-08-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't believe the latest ROM update for the 6700 includes A2DP yet. There are some fixes over at xda-developers.com (Including a CAB file that you can run that will add in the profiles). Keep in mind that A2DP doesn't work that well on these devices, yet (I have it on mine, and find I have to turn off Push Email and data connections or else it slows my machine down too much to use). Hopefully the next major ROM updates will have the refined A2DP files, which won't be such resource hogs.

madd74
08-26-2006, 01:43 AM
I just bought the black Bluetooth Logitech headphones for my Sprint ppc6700. I am having trouble getting the headphones to work once paired with the ppc. The two pair up, but nothing is available under services that the headphones can be used for.

Has anyone successfully paired the two, and used them without the provided adapter from Logitech? If so, how do I go about doing this?

thank you

I have this phone, and from Qwest, running WM5. I have no problem what so ever. What I did is this:

I press and held the power putton on the headset until I heard the chirp it was paired (lights flicker fast for pair mode after like 5 or so seconds). Then, I clicked on START -> SETTINGS -> CONNECTIONS (tab) -> BLUETOOTH -> DEVICES -> NEW PARTNERSHIP. When it sees it, it should have the icon of an actual headset next to it, and when you click and hold, it should note SET AS HANDS-FREE. If you do not see this, you might have a different build than mine, as I got mine this Monday. Any existing partnership you have, you should be able to hold and click and see SET AS HANDS-FREE as an option, as well as EDIT and DELETE.