View Full Version : JETware's Hands-Free Extension Now Supports Microsoft Voice Command

Darius Wey
07-05-2006, 05:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The JETware Hands-free Extension provides additional functionality to the built-in Windows Mobile support for the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile. The Extension allows hands-free devices to:"</i> [too many to list]<br /><br />JETware has updated their Hands-Free Extension for Windows Mobile to include support for Microsoft Voice Command voice dialing over a Bluetooth headset, improved caller ID, and custom Bluetooth headset ringtones, among other things. Note that the functionality of the extension package is dependent upon certain features that your phone does and does not support. That said, check it out!

aNiMeMaN14
07-06-2006, 12:27 AM
No one should install this program. On my JAM, it completely messed up my registry, and I wasn't able to get back into my system, and I was forced to do a hard reset. (Here's the kicker, I broke my phone, so it doesn't allow me to do a hard reset, so I had to open it up just to do one).

Needless to say, this program put me through hell and I don't want anyone else suffering the same fate. Avoid this program like the plague. Or if you wish to be a daredevil, be sure to back up ALL of your files.

ScottC
07-06-2006, 01:09 AM
I installed it on my Wizard (MDA) and love it. I now finally see the network name, battery and signal status on my Parrot CK3100 carkit.

Joseph Moon
07-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I tried it on my Palm Treo 700w and Plantronics Voyager headset and didn't have any success getting it to work. I sent an email to their support team and am patiently waiting for a reply...

Will keep you posted...

Joseph...

spartanrob
07-07-2006, 06:42 PM
This program works great on my KJam with my Parrot 3100. Just wish it had auto syncing of contacts. Also wish their support was more responsive, actually, i just wish they would respond at all.

Joseph Moon
07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
...Also wish their support was more responsive, actually, i just wish they would respond at all.

You're not kidding! I sent an email a week ago offering my Treo 700w and Plantronics BT headset as beta... NO RESPONSE!

Ya know, it ticks me off that these guys throw something together for themseleves... Then realize they can get a buck from it - post it online and say, "Have it - Just don't call me for support or anything - But don't forget to send me your $25 bucks!"

On top of that - try uninstalling the damn thing... Leaves folders all of the place... Sloppy - just plain sloppy...

If anyone else comes up with a solution, I would like to hear of it. I am still wondering how to channel sound to the BT headset...

Joseph...