07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I am looking to buy Imate JAS JAR

Currently I am using Imate PDA 2k,

Whether I should go for JAS JAR or not

Any assistance is this regard would be appreciated

Janak Parekh
07-02-2006, 02:29 AM
The two aren't directly comparable. In a quick nutshell:

- The JasJar has a VGA screen and bigger keyboard, but is physically much larger.

- The K-Jam has EDGE but no UMTS support; the JasJar has UMTS but no EDGE (only GPRS as a non-3G fallback).

- The K-Jam is quad-band, supporting both North American frequencies. The JasJar supports both European/Asian frequencies, but only one North American frequency.

What exactly are you looking for?

--janak

irfanam
07-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I am more inclined to get a jas jar. however, the size does have impact

Jas jar doesn't support some north american frequencies doesn't bother me. I live in asia.

The only attraction for me for k-jam is size.

Regard

Irfan

Janak Parekh
07-02-2006, 07:58 PM
If you know anyone or retail presences that carry the devices, then, I'd suggest you go try them out. As I use my Pocket PC Phone as a real phone, I find the JasJar clumsy in that regard. On the other hand, its screen is one of the best I've used.

--janak

Silver5
07-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Seriously consider where you are going to carry the phone. In a good pair of jeans the JasJar will be too big. In a pair of slacks it will make you look silly. But, if you are wearing cargos, a sport coat, or a suit you will be fine. I have a Qtek 9100 and a Qtek 9000 and I prefer using the 9000 but I don't like carrying it. I think I am going to keep it though. There is nothing out there that beats it on the internet or for regular PDA use because of that screen (esp. in real VGA mode) and the large keyboard.

Don't Panic!
07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
The JasJar is great when your taking notes in a meeting. Everyone wants to know where you got the ultra-mini laptop. 8)

bananasplit
07-15-2006, 09:01 AM
The JasJar may be big, but the functionality can't be beat. As one other forumer here said, people tend to ask you where you got the mini laptop! If you learn how to use the keyboard well and adjsut to it, you'd barely even tough the stylus.

Phone function, I'd agree that it's a bit bulky and awkward to use it next to your face, so what I did was to research on bluetooth headsets and after a lot of reading and looking around, I got myself a Plantronics 640 Discovery headset. The kit that it comes with is awesome, and did I mention that the headset is clear as a summer day? My JasJar (well I have an O2 branded XDA Exec) is in my hand as I walk, or in my Jeans or cargo pocket, and most headsets would be crackly coz of the distance, but not the Plantronics one! Other days when i don't bring the headset, I just put the call on speakerphone and deal with it that way.

All in all, it's a good invesment!