07-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Yesterday I had to restore from a backup, and all seemed well. This
morning I replaced my iPAQ 2210 into its cradle and let AS sync. But
it won't finish! It keeps looping around the same pattern. After
initially seeming to complete (including 28 files completed) it then
starts syncing again, repeatedly cycling quickly between
Files: 0 of 2 completed
Files: 1 of 2 completed
while the progress bar constantly shows 12 secs remaining.
10 mins later and it's still cycling! Reset made no difference.

How can I fix please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Janak Parekh
07-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Before you do anything, back up your synced files (and, if any are missing, back them up on the Pocket PC as well).

Now, what I'd suggest you do is to move all of the files out of the synchronized files folder, and see if AS finishes syncing. If it does, move the files back a few at a time and see if you can isolate a file that's causing AS to get confused.

(My guess: there's a program running on the desktop or the Pocket PC that's constantly updating a file, triggering AS to resync over and over again. If that rings a bell, you might want to check that out first.)

--janak

terrypin
07-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks Janak. Happy to report I'm synced again. I tried quite a few things, some of them not as methodically as I'd normally like, so I'm still not exactly sure of the cause. I think the crucial step was essentially the one you recommended (I'd meanwhile found it mentioned several times in similar cases).

I backup most data nightly on my PC, so at one stage I tried replacing Pocket_PC My Docments with the previous day's version. But I was also trying various combinations of the Rules for non-synced files. (Still find that aspect rather confusing!)

I never found any obvious candidate for the 'running program'. But there was one other apparent complication I'll mention in case it's relevant for anyone researching a similar problem. During this 'endless loop', it was not only the Files line that refused to settle, but the AvantGo line too. While cycling between 'Synchronised' and 'Item not resolved', that was also popping up a message to tell me to upgrade my version. Eventually I did that, and that may or may not have helped.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

isajoo
07-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Avantgo always does that. I think there is a setting for how long to wait before updating the files.