View Full Version : Theme Question

Rufus317
06-28-2006, 09:01 AM
I have been using theme maker 2.x for some time to make themes for my PPC I now have the MDA and love it. However i was fooling with it and double clicked on a theme i had made that was a work in progress and there was an error that said the "tdywater.gif" was not copied successfuly would i like to try again? i downloaded some themes from a site but they didnt open, same error.
now when i transfer themes to my device (mda ) in this case the theme is there but the picture is gone from it.

any ideas? reinstall didnt work

Clarkster
06-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi Rufus
I've learned a lot from Menneisys's articles on this kind of thing. If you do a forum search on this site for "tdywater.gif" there's a fully comprehensive article. But it sounds like all you need to do is make yourself a gif (of correct dimensions in pixels for your screen), call it stwater.gif (the article explains the different strange names) and copy it into the /Windows folder on your PPC. Soft reset and it should work OK. But check out that article, as I may have remembered something wrongly!
Ben

Rufus317
06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Cabn you post a link to the article i did a search and spent a while reading and learnes alot. Just didnt find the article you mentioned.

Clarkster
06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Hope this helps. I use just the basics of this (the "stwater" files) to convert my own pictures to backgrounds.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42403&highlight=stwater

Rufus317
07-01-2006, 08:53 AM
OK ii can see the TDYwater and stwater.gif files. They seem to be the pictures that i am now using as my theme wich are photos of VADER. Are yousaying i should just replace those files with gifs of my own INSTEAD of using a Prog like theme maker 2? What would i use for colors? Why did this change(aparently i am using a pic that thememaker dosent like) cause all my other themes to malfuntion. Do i just make some random .gif files and drop them in there. they would be over written anyway wheni load the next theme.
This is way too deep for me. Ijust want to make themes and use them when i want . thanks for the help.

Clarkster
07-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi Rufus
I use Wisbar, so have no need to tweak colours etc in thememaker. Every time I want to change my "background" I make a new 640x480 pixel gif and call it stwater.gif. I copy this into /Windows, do a soft reset, and there it is. That's the limit of my knowledge! I can't think of any good reason for all your themes to be affected by one bad gif, unless thememaker has added an incomplete set of files (settings, etc...don't know what these might be called) to /Windows. In that case, you could conceivably need a hard reset to return that directory to default contents, but I don't know for sure. But wisbar, together with stwater.gif, is a very easy system. Sorry I can't help more - maybe someone else knows more about the files that thememaker creates (hey, is there even a manual?) that you need to manually take out, to start again.