View Full Version : Charging Cingular 8125

hholliday
06-28-2006, 12:24 AM
For some reason every now and then after plugging in my car charger the phone does not respond and accept the charge. I will sometimes have to take out the battery and replace before it does or use my home charger.
I have tried several car chargers for this phone with the same results.
Cingular can't seem to tell me what the problem is. Can anyone help? :(

Nurhisham Hussein
06-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Have you checked the output of your car chargers? They should have at least 5V, 500mA (ideally 1A-2A). Don't rely on the sticker - if you have one measure with a multimeter. I find that many chargers aren't true to their stated voltage/output.

The other thing I can think of is that your car cig lighter is not outputting 12V either - something that can also be checked with a multimeter.

hholliday
06-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Thank you for your quick responce. I appreciate that. In my haste to submit the post I failed to mention that it sometimes happens with my home charger as well. That really baffles me, as I was thinking as you were that the problem may lie with the car charger or lighter??? Thanks again though.

Nurhisham Hussein
06-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Hmm, that would seem to indicate that the problem is with the device. Is the battery loose by any chance?

hholliday
06-28-2006, 03:50 AM
No, it seems to be in quite well. 8O

Nurhisham Hussein
06-28-2006, 04:11 AM
Ugh, then I'm out of ideas - looks like a candidate for repair/exchange. Sorry. You might want to drop a line to PocketPCTechs (http://www.pocketpctechs.com) if Cingular doesn't cover that.

hholliday
06-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Thanks anyway!

klapper
06-30-2006, 08:33 PM
We're having the same problem here with a Cingular 8125 that's only two weeks old. We just installed the new update last week. The charge on the battery drained completely. Now it won't charge at all...not even any indicator lights illuminate. Could this be due to the new firmware?