View Full Version : Browsers: any still using Thunderhawk?

JohnJohn
06-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I been using PIE and have been reluctant to try out any other browser on my PPC. I'm not sure why. A few years ago I used Thunderhawk, but it's pretty pricey. Is anyone still using it on a regular basis? I am thinking about downloading another trial and giving it a whirl again.

Is there any other decent solutions? Opera? Net Front? I tend to like my text small and like everything to look as much like my desktop as possible.

Thanks for the insight.

Darius Wey
06-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Thunderhawk has been a little quiet as of late.

Most regard Opera as the winner, followed by NetFront. The former is great at rendering pages fast, so if you like reading pages that aren't optimised for a mobile device, Opera will whip them up well.

Menneisyys
07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I been using PIE and have been reluctant to try out any other browser on my PPC. I'm not sure why. A few years ago I used Thunderhawk, but it's pretty pricey. Is anyone still using it on a regular basis? I am thinking about downloading another trial and giving it a whirl again.

Is there any other decent solutions? Opera? Net Front? I tend to like my text small and like everything to look as much like my desktop as possible.

Thanks for the insight.

I agree with Darius: Opera Mobile is the best, followed by NetFront. Then comes the rest.

You may also want to enter the words 'opera' and 'netfront' in the PPCT forum serach engine (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/search.php) - you'll find a LOT of additional info & reviews. I certainly recommend them to understand the differences and (dis)advantages of each PPC browser.

juni
07-11-2006, 05:32 AM
I'm using Opera. It is the only browser I ever paid for. :)