View Full Version : internal "beep" as an alarm

elempoimen
06-25-2006, 07:53 AM
I have a 4155, and I find the notifications to be way too quiet for my needs, as the device is usually pocketed. A few dayslago, I tried GSAlarmClock with the "use built-in BEEP sound" setting enabled. It was so loud and shrill that it startled me! This alarm device is much more effective.

My question: is there a way to get the 4155 to use the built-in beep device for calendar notifications, rather than the default playback device?

elempoimen
06-28-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm wondering if my question was clear as to what I'm looking for?

Nurhisham Hussein
06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
My question: is there a way to get the 4155 to use the built-in beep device for calendar notifications, rather than the default playback device?

I think I understand you, but in this case I believe you are mistaken - there aren't any different devices for making sounds on a PPC, unlike a PC. More than likely what happened with GSAlarm is that it boosts/maxes out the volume of the existing wav files.

elempoimen
06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Try it. Make sure you have the newer GsAlarmClock (0.4, I think), and have "use built-in BEEP sound" checked. It does not use an existing WAV sound--it generates its own tone--and it is loud as heck! Just give it a try and you'll see what I mean. With the volume maxxed, my iPaq will distort--but this sound is not distorted at all. I know this because I reworked a couple of the existing alarm sounds so they were 0.1 dB below peak, and when I cranked up the volume on the device it distorted the speaker.

Nurhisham Hussein
06-29-2006, 01:21 AM
I used to use GSAlarmClock (on a 2210) - I don't anymore because my current PDA has repeating alarms builtin and is extremely loud anyway. In any case when I was using it, I don't think I noticed whether it was any louder than the existing alarm/notices tones. It may be that GSAlarmClock has its own wav embedded in the program.