View Full Version : Any outstanding anti virus programs which work on PCs and Pocket PCs both?

MTHall49
06-23-2006, 11:33 PM
I keep having trouble with my Norton Utilities and was wondering if there is a really superior anitvirus program out there which will work great on both the PDA/Pocket PC like Dell Axim X50 and my Dell Desktop.

Any suggetions?

Thanks.

ADBrown
06-24-2006, 03:05 AM
PPCs can't be affected by viruses, so there's no need for PPC antivirus software.

Sven Johannsen
06-24-2006, 03:28 AM
PPCs can't be affected by viruses
Ahh, so naive. It is true, AFAIK, that no viruses for the PPC have been disseminated in the wild. It is also true they have been created. Please refrain from issuing challenges like the above.

The likely reality is that there is just not that much fun in it. PPC users are a fairly small bunch relatively speaking, and recovery is an hour or two. If you back up religeously, 5-10 minutes. So where's the joy and noteriety for the scum sucking low life SOBs that write viruses, etc. in attacking our PPCs.

Given that, there just aren't that many companies making WM Anti-Virus stuff.

ADBrown
06-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Ahh, so naive.

Well, if my original reply wasn't anal-retentive enough for your taste, allow me to rephrase: PPCs cannot be affected by PC viruses.

Sven Johannsen
06-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Ahh, so naive.

Well, if my original reply wasn't anal-retentive enough for your taste, allow me to rephrase: PPCs cannot be affected by PC viruses.

Well, of course not. But they can be carriers, which is something a good PPC anti-virus program could check for. Don't know off-hand if any do.