View Full Version : WMP 11 syncing quits after a while

i244
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? I am using WMP 11 and have tried syncing to both a Pocket PC with WM2003SE and my Smartphone with WM2003SE, each using a 2GB SD card. The sync works fine for about 10-20 minutes or 30-50 songs, then all of the syncs start failing. To fix this issue I have to disconnect the Pocket PC and then re-establish the ActiveSync connection (via USB).

This is annoying as I need to sync around 700 songs :) And have to remember which ones synced correctly and which ones failed.

Darius Wey
06-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Are these songs you've ripped or downloaded from an online music store (i.e., DRM-protected)?

i244
06-23-2006, 03:57 PM
They are all ripped from CD, some are mp3 but most are wma. None of them have DRM. During syncing sometimes the PDA (Dell Axim x50v) will be frozen up, the power button doesn't work, nor does clicking on any menu do anything, I have to do a soft reset to it.

Darius Wey
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
A few things to try:

(1) Format your SD card (FAT32).

(2) Use the Sync interface of WMP 11, rather than the Media interface of ActiveSync (if you aren't already).

(3) Try syncing an album per sync, rather than multiple albums. You usually only have to do this step with DRM tracks, so I'm a little puzzled as to why you're experiencing the same issues with non-DRM tracks.

Give it a go and let me know how it works out.