View Full Version : Active Sync not transferring all files

JawD
06-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Im connecting my laptop to my XDA Mini S using activsync. I drop files onto the desktop share folder and sync usually transfers them to the device no problem. Then, I move them to the required folder, in the case of wav files, the windows folder.

Problem I have is that a couple of wav files are not being transferred over. Is there a restriction on files that are too small? I noticed that the files that failed to move are 9kb and 11kb ?

Cheers,

JawD
06-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Since posting, Ive found that the files did transfer so this wasnt the problem. The problem is that they cannot be selected for whatever reason as a notification.

When I look at the File Explorer, though the .wav files can be played by selecting them, they cannot be chosen or seen when selecting notification files.

I have noticed that the icon for the wav is slightly different than that of a normal wav file. Instead of having coloured circle with the play symbol inside for media player, it has a smaller cirlce with paper behind it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JawD
06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Getting there slowly :wink:

Right, after looking further, Ive noticed that one icon is for ring tones and one is for alter tones. One cant be used as another.

Question now is, how do I turn what the phone thinks is a ringtone, into an altert tone?

Thanks,