View Full Version : How do I easily delete all Outlook Calendar appointments?

GrilledSpam
06-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a situation where all my [Outlook] Calendar appointments on my Windows Mobile device (Cingular 8152) are off by about three hours. I think this happened because I did a synchronization and then noticed the operating system's time was incorrect (I'd think it would be able to determine the time like standard cell phones). I want to delete all the calendar appointments in a batch way (e.g. select all & delete) on the mobile device without affecting those on my main laptop based Outlook calendar when I synchronize. Is there anyway of doing this without doing a hard reset? ... And without deleting each appointment individually?

thanks!

applejosh
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm not going to guarantee this will work (or even not cause your device to spontaneously burst into flames), but how about deleting the partnership on the desktop, then re-connecting the device, establishing a new partnership, and when prompted whether to combine or overwrite the items on the device, choose overwrite. This should in theory wipe out the PIM (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, etc.) data on the handheld and replace it with the items in Outlook on the desktop. (At least that's how I used to do it on my WM2003se (and earlier) devices using AS 3.8 (and earlier). Not sure if the WM5/AS4.x combo will do the same thing.)

Standard backup precautions (including your Outlook data on the desktop) apply.