View Full Version : Looking for a light/compact PDA

Sebinated
06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi All!

My mp3 player broke down and while looking for a new one I kept upping the gadgetry on what I was looking for. It started with just: Plays MP3s and added plays video, pic viewer and on and on until I started looking at PDAs

I am new with this concept so I was hoping to get some input from people that have been looking at these things for a while

Basically size and weight is a concern for me

I found a few models that seem to be in the range of what I was looking for

Notably the Loox N110 and the Neonode N1M

Does anyone know any other devices in the 100 gram range with the ability to update the device so I can edit word documents? The more functions the better, however phone is not a must

I appreciate your input
Thanks

thierryb
06-19-2006, 09:07 PM
The most advanced and the lightest is the:
N311

Sebinated
06-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks but I ran into that one and once again too big.
The loox N110 has the right size and form and the fact that it comes with 2 GB is great (I really don’t understand why more PDA/Smartphones don’t) however it seems to be more a GPS than a PDA

Nurhisham Hussein
06-21-2006, 01:35 AM
That's correct - the N110 doesn't even run Windows Mobile, it runs WinCE. In practice while the two are similar, that means you won't have most of the Office suite that's included in WinMobile. You could have compatibility issues with applications as well, as WinMobile includes APIs that WinCE doesn't.

Sebinated
06-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I’m looking at a few sites right now to see if pocket word can function properly with Windows CE. There are a few interesting devices out there that are PMP/PDA like the Wizxer but all are too heavy.

I saw a few smartphones that were OK weight wise but very limited screen sizes
The best PDA-Phone I came across weight wise was the Lenovo ET960. There is another one call ECTACO PD Talk but it looks really under powered

I can't be the only one that thinks a 100 gram PDA is a good idea

Brad Adrian
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
...I can't be the only one that thinks a 100 gram PDA is a good idea
Heck, no! That's be great!

But...

I also want
-bright VGA screen
-long-life battery
-etc.

...and there goes the 100g limit. It's all a trade-off, and right now some of the hottest features are great screens and better batteries. Personally, I'm willing to trade a bit in weight for these features.