View Full Version : BT Connection Wizard - Need Help Badly

Johnston
06-19-2006, 06:47 AM
I am trying to get my hp ipaq hx2755 w/ WM5 upgrade to connect to my motorola v3 razr so I can access the internet in any place beyond my apartment.

The only problems are:

1. No support to be found
2. How do I find my number for the phone that will unlock after they have detected each other?
3. How do you manage to search google pointlessly without getting a migraine?

If someone could give me some kind of idea, I would be really very grateful.

Sven Johannsen
06-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Typically on things like phones and PPCs, you get to pick the PIN. You entr a number on the first device, and are prompted for it on the second. Just need to match.

I haven't messed with this on a WM5 device, as mine are phone editions, but I believe the process is you pair the devices, by setting the RAZR to discoverable, and finding it from the X51. You do the PIN thing and get to choose from supported profiles. You then either get prompted to, or need to, set up a connection using this pairing. That's in Connections in the control panel. When asked for the number to dial, it's *99# (at least for Cingular, and I think the same for T-Mobile.)

Johnston
06-19-2006, 07:32 AM
I know how to pair devices, since I did it with my razr and headset. However, when I had to do a headset it had a prebuilt pin installed. I tried the pin when the ppc requested it, but no go there.

I'm just frustrated because you think more people may be having this problem, but if they are, they aren't getting the answers from the web.

I know have a headache and motion sickness from trying to sift through the endless pages of google searches. Any time I find anything, there is only one thing in common, they are requests for help. No one seems interested in answering people's questions on this topic. It's just completely nuts.

Still, it would be nice to know who exactly handles the support of this issue.

Nurhisham Hussein
06-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Some questions first:

1. Have you subscribed to a data package from your phone's service provider?

2. If so, do you know the APN, username and password or your service providers data service?

3. Does the Razr support the Bluetooth DUN profile?

As far as the PIN is concerned, any number will do, as long as the same number is input on both the phone and the PDA.

Johnston
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Right now, I'm just trying to get the devices to pair up first. In terms of the pin number, I think we may be talking about 2 different things. The number is only requested by the ipaq when it detects the razr. It it not requested by the razr at all.

Johnston
06-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Okay, I've got the devices connected and working now. The only problem I have is that when I tried to connect to the internet it failed. According to the bluetooth manager the reason was because "No path could be found to destination"

Anyone know the answer to this one?

AZMark
06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Have you mentioned your cell provider.

Yes every little detail makes a difference and is why it's hard to find info on the internet, each person has different PPC, phone, Cell Provider, and each combination can be completly different.

Johnston
06-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh, sorry about that. My provider is Cingular.

AZMark
06-19-2006, 06:21 PM
OK,,,,try this

Start, Settings, Connections, Connections, Add a Modem connection, Call it Cingular, modem is bluetooth, next, Select Razar as the bluetooth connection, next, dial string is *99#, user name is [email protected], password is CINGULAR, note the caps, finish.

hope that helps.
AZM

nitestrike
06-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Thought that I would just make sure to reiterate what hishamh mentioned above, do you have a data plan/package? If not it's going to get expensive quick.