View Full Version : from SteveJordanBooks.com: Time to start writing again!

Steve Jordan
06-18-2006, 03:25 AM
With the release of Encephalopath, I have now released all of the novels that I'd previously written... and I thank everyone, especially those at PPCT for their support!

Now it's time to get back to writing, something I haven't been doing since I started the e-book site. Fortunately, I have a story all ready to start, so I won't have any down time. FYI, this story will not be Sci-Fi, but a Mystery, on the request of everyone who indicated they were not into SF e-books at all. It will be interesting to see if it sells any better or worse than the SF novels, once it's done.

In the meantime, www.SteveJordanBooks.com will stay up, and all e-books are still available... if you've read them, and you liked them, let someone know! I've gotten my sales comfortably into the double-digits for each book, but I'd like to see some triple-digits now! How 'bout it?

dMores
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
wow, a MYSTERY !!!
cool ... is it done yet ?

:)

i'll definately check that one out!

Jorgen
06-20-2006, 06:18 AM
I am currently reading Clancy's Red Rabbit (no, not an ebook): usual Clancy style, but with many repetitions (I think even of dialogue but can't be bothered to check back).

Do you edit your books yourself or do you have an editor? Your books are remarkably free of errors.

Jorgen

Steve Jordan
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
No, it's not nearly done yet! Unfortunately (for you), I expect this to take a few months, which is why I'm trying to think of something else I can do to keep my site fresh, and kicking around the idea of writing free downloadable technology papers.

Jorgen: No, I don't use an editor, I edit and proofread my own material ye olde-fashioned way: Reading it again! Between that, and Word spellcheck, I manage to keep the novels relatively clean and the continuity... uh... continuous. (I'd clean that up, but I'm about to run out the door, so maybe later!)

AMAR
07-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Congrats, Mazel Tov felicidades, etc. I 've Amazing ebooks. Can't wait for the Mystery, though I've ALWAYS preferred Sci-Fi.

Steve Jordan
07-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Can't wait for the Mystery, though I've ALWAYS preferred Sci-Fi.

Well, the Sci-Fi is still available on my site, if you're interested!

Steve Jordan
09-03-2006, 04:21 PM
If anyone's interested, I just thought I'd report that the book is almost finished. The present title is Lambs Hide, Tigers Seek, and for the record, it's still a mystery, but in a film noir drama style.

It takes place in present day, and we follow an investigator who follows the 5-year-cold trail of a millionaire's runaway daughter to Nashville, where a blackmailer's note leads him through the worlds of Goths and bondage to discover her whereabouts. Will he find the girl... will the blackmailers find him first... or will the scars of his own troubled past be ripped open by the dark and extreme lifestyles he's being exposed to, causing him to lose himself?

(Enticed? God, I hope somebody will be!)

Anyway, I'm putting the final touches on it now, and I'm thinking before the end of September, it will be available on my site.

dMores
09-03-2006, 05:40 PM
count me in!

Jorgen
09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
And I'm in too.

BoxWave
09-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Where'd you receive your writing training? I plan on checking a few of those titles out in more depth :D.

Steve Jordan
09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
The Montgomery County, Maryland public school system. I kid you not.

I also happen to be an avid reader, and I've picked up a lot from simply reading a boatload of fiction and non-fiction material. I'm not saying I'm a Hemingway, but I think my books stand up to close critical and stylistic scrutiny, and entertain as well.

(No responses? Boy, I can't get a rise out of anyone these days!)

Hopefully, despite my lack of credentials, you'll still be interested in checking out my books!

BoxWave
10-04-2006, 01:58 AM
To be honest, credentialschmential (or something). There are a host of brilliant authors who did not receive a formal education (that is, within the walls of an institution) who are brilliant.

:D

Steve Jordan
10-04-2006, 03:14 AM
...and with any luck, I'm one of 'em!

Steve Jordan
10-06-2006, 01:58 PM
For the record, my new movel is now available on my site. I hope you'll check it out!