View Full Version : ActiveSync 4.1 Connection Issues

Johnston
06-15-2006, 08:04 PM
I am just now trying to synchronize my HP iPAQ hx2755 after having activated the built in HP Protect-Tools software. Currently, the ipaq says that it is connecting and ActiveSync says that the ipaq isn't connected. Is this the fault of the software or ActiveSync? The last time I had this problem was because I changed the USB port I plugged into from and just reinstalled activesync, I'm trying to get some stuff working so that I can actually get something done today and I don't want to have to keep reinstalling, resetting up, and reconfiguring my ipaq and activesync whenever I need to do something.

Please someone help me with this. Thanks.

Darius Wey
06-16-2006, 02:01 AM
If you're stuck in a "connecting" state, then it's possible that you're having problems with firewall permissions and/or network settings.

Have a look through this guide (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx) and see if it's of any help.

Zagleft1
06-17-2006, 04:11 AM
When I installed 4, somehow my pocket pc's activesynch program unchecked the "enable pc synch" checkbox in the options section. try looking at that on your pocket pc.

Johnston
06-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Actually I managed to get it fixed by simply repairing the program through the installation menu. Hope this wont happen again. Now onto my next problem.