View Full Version : No Sound - Sound processor blown?

A_C
06-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Hello all, firstly sorry if i've posted in the incorrect section.

Basically i have a Imate-Jam.

After i bought it the speaker blew, so it was sent back to Dubai where after 6 weeks i got it back, working. Shortly after the sound stopped work, but its very odd.

WHen the phone rings, it will play the ringtone, however i cant speak or hear.
I cant play music through it, and it wont play a ringtone from the ring selector only if the phone rings...

So i thought the rom may be corrupt, updated to new version, so joy, anyone have a suggestion? :(

Sven Johannsen
06-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Does it work via a headset (wired) by chance? Used to be issues with the jacks on PPCs getting stuck.

tufif
06-16-2006, 05:28 PM
This happend on mine too. I have the t-mobile branded one. It thought the headset was still in even when it wasn't. I got a little plastic tooth pick and just wiggled it around in the headset slot until it started working. I got that suggestion from this forum too. There's a little switch in there that turns off the speaker and microphone for everything other than the ringtone whenever the headset is plugged in. When you take out the plug it's supposed to pop back into place and turn everything back on, but sometimes it gets stuck. Mine did this about a month ago and has worked fine since.

A_C
06-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Thank you guys, really appreciated. The toothpick done the job, now i have a replacement for my SE S700i

Sven Johannsen
06-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Sometimes just running the headset plug in and out rapidly a few tmes will unstick them too. It's not really a switch in there, just two pieces of metal touching to complete a circuit. When the headset goes in it pushes them apart. When pulled out they should go back together. A lttile dirt can keep them from making contact.