View Full Version : Sending email to group of contacts

phember67
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
I have been trying to figure out how I can send an email to a group, or list of people like you can in outlook, without selecting each individual person.

Does anyone know if this can be done on the Dell Axim x51V? Or do I have to enter multiple email addresses to the contact of "baseball team".

Brad Adrian
07-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Distribution lists have NEVER been handled well -- or at all -- by Pocket PCs, and I think it's a real shame. If you don't want to create a new contact name and paste the addresses there, you can try a few other things:

-Create a Word or Excel document with your distribution lists, so you can select all of the addresses at once and paste them into a new e-mail.

-Use some form of shortcut tool that automatically types all of your addresses. For example, Calligrapher's PenCommander lets me write a "circle-a" to enter all of the addresses of my immediate family. Also, utilities like DinarSoft's TapText and DeveloperOne's AccessPanel let you create text strings for automatic selection from drop-down lists.

Cybrid
07-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Or create a "draft" email with all the addresses listed, then duplicate and modify it into your current message....then repeat as necessary.

phember67
07-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Thank you, I like the draft email idea