View Full Version : 700w Annoying Little Quirks

ntractv
06-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't know if anyone else are experiencing these annoying little quirks, but I would occasionaly get them even before I did the ROM update:

1. No response from from the today screen when typing in a phone number (numbers will show, but hitting the green send button and it just clears out), no response from either of the menu buttons

2. Every now and then I get a message "there was problem with cprog.exe" and "there was a problem with gwes.exe" tell/don't tell Microsoft about the problem.

Anyone else have these issues. I have to soft-reset to make them go away.

BoxWave
09-10-2006, 09:00 AM
I don't know if anyone else are experiencing these annoying little quirks, but I would occasionaly get them even before I did the ROM update:

1. No response from from the today screen when typing in a phone number (numbers will show, but hitting the green send button and it just clears out), no response from either of the menu buttons

2. Every now and then I get a message "there was problem with cprog.exe" and "there was a problem with gwes.exe" tell/don't tell Microsoft about the problem.

Anyone else have these issues. I have to soft-reset to make them go away.

300 something views and no answer :(. I don't have a firm solution for you, but I was going to say a soft reset might do the trick (but you've found that).

W

ntractv
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Sent it in for a replacement. Doesn't seem to happen as much with the new one, but it does happen on occasion

Joseph Moon
09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I would suspect something you installed...

Trace your steps and uninstall apps that don't appear to be "clean"... Simple giveaways are hokey looking screens, misspelled words, clumsey interfaces, missing options that are deperately needed...

Keep us posted...

Joseph...