View Full Version : Peanut press ereader

dcriel1
06-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I cannot see the any ebooks when I go to open a ebook. The ebooks are in .pdb format but I cannot see anything in the bookshelf part of ereader. I just bought an ebook 2 days ago and it came with ereader. I have move the ebooks to different folders and also reinstalled ereader. No luck. :cry: [/code]

egardner
06-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Hi -

Using the current version, there is a program called book installer on your pc that installs books. During setup, you are also invited to install books.

In short, just copying books does not work, they need to be installed.

Good Luck :)

Jorgen
06-11-2006, 06:07 AM
It is not necessary to use the install program.

In "My Documents", make a directory called "Peanut Press" (which was the original name of the eReader company) and copy the books to that directory.

Jorgen

Hx4700
06-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Jorden is right.
But I also copy ebooks to my SD card in a My Documents/Peanut Press folder. Works great :D and saves whatever your "main" memory is.
Ron...

Guest979
06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
My experience is that purchased/DRM books require you to use the installer, whereas free books can just be copied to your device.

I also discovered that, AFAIK, there is no Mac-to-PocketPC installer for eBooks... but then, Mac users who want to use a PocketPC will, realistically speaking, probably need Virtual PC (or Boot Camp) anyway.

Jorgen
06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
No, the installer is not necessary. I have only used the installer to install my very first Peanut ebook in 1999 and never since as I find it easier to just copy the books.

Jorgen

Hx4700
06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Guest979--
I guess I should have been clearer -- the books I'm referring to are x.pdb Drm protected books for ereader. Never had a problem if I just copied to the /My Documents/ Peanut Press path on an SD or CF card. It works using ActiveStink Explore or a card reader on the Desktop PC.

Just moving the x.prc (drm) ebooks for MobiPocket reader can also be done by using a folder named eBooks at the top level of the SD or CF card.

I don't know about MS Reader as I try very hard to not get ebooks in the MS Reader format because of the pain its Drm is. Most of Fictionwise ebooks have more than one format to choose from.
Ron...

Jorgen
06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
MS Reader will search all directories from "My Documents" and subdirectories, so you can choose whatever name you like (mine is called "lit").

Jorgen