View Full Version : PPC6700 - how is it? Lots of questions .. .

Crimguy
06-08-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm looking to get the ppc6700 and would like some input. First and foremost, how well does it work as a phone? Is it frustrating calling a new number? Will I be able to dial people while driving?

Also, I'm starting to use google calendar. Possible to access that and make changes etc from the phone? What browser handles ajax best on WM5?

How sturdy is it?

I apologize for all the questions. I'm a lawyer that's been using an ipaq 3970 for too long, and happens to need a new phone. I've been out of the loop for a while . . .

jasedman
06-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I have been using the ppc6700 for about 3 months now. As a phone it takes a little getting use to. Dailing numbers on the touch screen is suprisingly easy as long as you calibrated the touch screen. I would also suggest a headset. I also wished the volume was a little louder.

As for google, I am using it as my homepage and it is customized. My emails show up on it so I am sure the calender does as well.

Don't know how sturdy it is but I have seen metal cases for them. I don't feel too confident that it would survive a fall.

Hope this was helpful.

Crimguy
06-08-2006, 11:57 PM
I have been using the ppc6700 for about 3 months now. As a phone it takes a little getting use to. Dailing numbers on the touch screen is suprisingly easy as long as you calibrated the touch screen. I would also suggest a headset. I also wished the volume was a little louder.

As for google, I am using it as my homepage and it is customized. My emails show up on it so I am sure the calender does as well.

Don't know how sturdy it is but I have seen metal cases for them. I don't feel too confident that it would survive a fall.

Hope this was helpful.

It was helpful thx. It's my big hope that, not only can I access the google calendar, but also manipulate it, add appointments, drag and drop them, etc. It uses some fancy xml and asynchronous javascript to do this, so I imagine some stripped-down browsers would have trouble with this.