View Full Version : Bluetooth Question (nobody seems to know the answer to this one...)

karinatwork
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Ok, so if I have a bluetooth 2.0 device, would it be better to pair it with another bluetooth 2.0 device, or does it not matter if it's a bluetooth 1.2? I am asking because my pocket pc is 2.0 and there are BT 1.2 and BT 2.0 headphones I could get for it, but does it really make a difference??

Thanks! :D

AZMark
06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Go with 2. It should have a little better range. With some devices a little miscomunication would mean nothing more than a slower connection, but with headphones you will hear static and dropouts with a bad connection.

karinatwork
06-07-2006, 11:02 PM
It makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that the Plantronics Pulsar 590A which have come out almost a year ago have 2.0 while the Jabra Bt620s that have come out at the beginning of this year have 1.2! My Imate Jamin has 2.0. Would the Jabra's even be forward compatible? I just don't get it. Then again, right now they won't be compatible at all if I don't apply the A2DP hack... but that's another problem alltogether... sorry for the rambling.

Darius Wey
06-08-2006, 03:53 AM
It makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that the Plantronics Pulsar 590A which have come out almost a year ago have 2.0 while the Jabra Bt620s that have come out at the beginning of this year have 1.2! My Imate Jamin has 2.0.

Even though the v2.0 specification has been out for a while, not all manufacturers have committed their devices and accessories to it.

Would the Jabra's even be forward compatible? I just don't get it.

The correct term here would be: "Is your JAMin backward-compatible?", and the answer is yes. If you connect a v1.2 accessory to a v2.0 device, the two will work fine.