View Full Version : help needed on restoring/reinstalling my tmobile mda compact pm200

dagonist
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
hey dude i have the t-mobile mda compact pm200 and i was removing a program from the remove list and it said windows wil need to perform a soft rest yes or cancel i clicked yes and my system restarted but now it just get stuck at the t-mobile screen. i have tried doing the manufatures hard reset but no joy i have take out the battery no joy and i can't even access it through my p.c what can i do to get it up and running again i don't care about the data already on there cuz it is all backed up on my sd cad

Nurhisham Hussein
06-08-2006, 01:08 AM
1. I'm not a dude (I get images of the Village People when I see that word).

2. There's no need to double post - your post will be seen.

3. On your problem, try the hard reset again...and again...and again, until it works. It sometimes takes multiple hard resets for it to work. What was the program you were trying to uninstall?

dagonist
06-08-2006, 05:19 AM
it was pocket dos.

i have hard reset it well over a hundred times now

Nurhisham Hussein
06-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Looks like you have a brick. Pocket DOS installs its own file system driver (necessary for emulation), and this may be the cause of the problem. Where did you install Pocket Dos to, main memory or storage card?

dagonist
06-08-2006, 02:09 PM
i installed it onto the meomory card then it copied it to the device so it was on both. is there a way to fix it through my p.c maybee with the u.s.b or something :cry:

Nurhisham Hussein
06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
i installed it onto the meomory card then it copied it to the device so it was on both.

8O

Ok...why?

is there a way to fix it through my p.c maybee with the u.s.b or something :cry:

I think this is a little beyond me - you might want to post this issue at xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/front_page.php).