View Full Version : itunes and ppc...???

srayls
06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Ok so my daughter found the coupon code for a free download from itunes on the back of the cereal box...we downloaded and now are trying to put the song on my ppc (ver. 6700) CANT DO IT; CAN WE??? Im not sure if theres a way to convert the file or what...can anyone help? Thanks!!!

Oh why can't they just put the dang toy in the box...lol

Janak Parekh
06-07-2006, 05:59 PM
No, you cannot directly copy a track downloaded from the iTunes Music Service (iTMS) to the Pocket PC. What you can do is to burn the track to a CD, and then rerip it in MP3 format; it will then play just fine on your Pocket PC.

--janak

Guest979
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
"Gentle hint:" Although the CD method is fine, any software that removes DRM is illegal and shouldn't be posted in public forums. No one has posted anything like that in this thread, but if you were thinking about it... bad idea. :)

I am not a moderator of this forum and do not claim to represent them specifically.

Janak Parekh
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
"Gentle hint:" Although the CD method is fine, any software that removes DRM is illegal and shouldn't be posted in public forums. No one has posted anything like that in this thread, but if you were thinking about it... bad idea. :)
If you're talking about software that strips iTunes DRM, it's unlikely to work anyway -- the vast majority of new iTMS customers are using iTunes 6, and as of the last time I checked, its DRM has not yet been hacked.

--janak

isajoo
06-07-2006, 10:08 PM
search the forum for a backdoor tcpmp player hack

srayls
06-08-2006, 02:09 PM
8O I did not realize that I was "hacking" anything...lol let me just say that im relatively new at this and i thought i was simply copying a song that i bought from itunes and putting it on my pda....oppps!!

srayls
06-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I think ill just stick with the cd method...im not into the "hacking"thing...lmao especially over a free song off a cereal box.

Constant Caffeine
06-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Their cereal sales must be slumping if they have to include a free music download. I doubt we will ever see a free decoder ring in cereal ever again.