View Full Version : Treo 700w and Synching

ntractv
06-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I seem to have a problem that I cannot figure out so I turn to the boards for help. My problem is that it appears that if I make notes inside of an appointment in Outlook on my laptop and synch with the Treo everything is fine. If I make edits to the note on the Treo it appears the notes disappear inside the appointment in Outlook on the laptop.

Everything is still there on the Treo with all the changes though and I get the following message at the bottom of the screen: [Text truncated on device. Modification of these items on the device will overwrite full text on desktop]

Is this a ActivSync, WM5, or Pocket Informant 5 thing, or is that you can't edit information on the Treo if it was created in Outlook on the desktop/laptop and vice versa?

If the latter is true I'm going back to my 5555.

ntractv
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
After further poking it seems this only happens on recurring appointments which kinda sucks

Janak Parekh
06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Everything is still there on the Treo with all the changes though and I get the following message at the bottom of the screen: [Text truncated on device. Modification of these items on the device will overwrite full text on desktop]
Which program is saying this?

Is this a ActivSync, WM5, or Pocket Informant 5 thing, or is that you can't edit information on the Treo if it was created in Outlook on the desktop/laptop and vice versa?
I don't know, but as a first step I'd try editing it using Pocket Outlook instead of PI.

--janak