View Full Version : oh ha ha HA! :( pop goes my acer.

pheral
06-01-2006, 01:02 PM
it seems i've become some kind of galactic gadget laughing stock this fortnight. on friday my PC power supply blows, leaving my data in limbo on my hard-drive til i can get it fixed (lunchtime today hopefully), and now... NOW MY ACER IS STUFFED!

i mean, seriously, what the heck is going on?

i was charging it last night. i take it out today to take a note, it respondey-not. No soft-reset, no response to removing and replacing the battery, nada. Anyone got any bright ideas before i return this little hunk of electronics to the store where i bought it? Don't know how to do a hard-reset, so if anyone can advise on that i might as well try. Will also try putting back in the cradle tonight.

I'm half expecting to go home and find that my laptop's hit the dust too.

nnnnnGGGG!!!!! :(

EDIT: hmm, it's woken up on the cradle, so now i'm wondering if this is the same old Acer bug we've all had, but with mine it completely drained the battery (it was at about 80%). I'll see if it works fine once it's fully charged and then try the bug fix, i guess.

Don't Panic!
06-01-2006, 05:19 PM
The Acer n series hard reset can be found in this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=403327&sid=2c7cd78a8b0e8d3a807cc58f4995c239).

I think you have angered the computer gods. You must walk three times around your devices while banging two ballpoint pens together then break a pencil and tear a sheet of paper to shreds to show your respect for the digital deities. This must be done while naked. :devilboy:

pheral
06-01-2006, 07:06 PM
damn, I used fountain-pens! ;)

thanks for the thread-link, i don't know how I missed it, i read it earlier today. trauma caused from all the technology dropping around me like flies no doubt.

it's working again now, the battery drained right down which is why it was so utterly dead. very strange, will have to keep an eye on it.