View Full Version : HTC you forgot about ME!

unikronn
06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Am i the only person here who would like a nice update for my current PPC phone edition? I own a QTEK 2020i and before that a SPV M1000 (xda2 etc), i see all the imate jams/spv m500 owners have had multiple upates for their PPC phones that have included WM5, better cameras (gimmikey i know) and now they got the choice of keyboard or with out (spv M600,T-mobile compacts, O2 toms, the Hermes and the damn MDA Vario).

If i still want the same size screen it seems that all i can purchase is a clam shell/ tablet Universal and i would have to pay over the odds just to have it even on contract 8O .

where is my successor to the Alpine? why can't i join the WM5 party and keep to SD cards with out going mini? 3G is nice but very patchy in the UK, so it seems that they're forceing me to buy a smaller package :cry:, but i shall not give in to them.......rant over :D

Menneisyys
06-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Am i the only person here who would like a nice update for my current PPC phone edition? I own a QTEK 2020i and before that a SPV M1000 (xda2 etc), i see all the imate jams/spv m500 owners have had multiple upates for their PPC phones that have included WM5, better cameras (gimmikey i know) and now they got the choice of keyboard or with out (spv M600,T-mobile compacts, O2 toms, the Hermes and the damn MDA Vario).

If i still want the same size screen it seems that all i can purchase is a clam shell/ tablet Universal and i would have to pay over the odds just to have it even on contract 8O .

where is my successor to the Alpine? why can't i join the WM5 party and keep to SD cards with out going mini? 3G is nice but very patchy in the UK, so it seems that they're forceing me to buy a smaller package :cry:, but i shall not give in to them.......rant over :D

Certainly my sentiments - to some degree (see my latest rants for example here (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=855&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)). Unfortunately, there is little we can do to have any influence on PPC manufacturers' decisions.

unikronn
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
:D I'm glad someone here agrees with me, (great article by the way) I just want more choice is all, the shift seems to be going towards people who tend to think anything bigger than a jam (insert generic name here) is too big or a brick.

I am seriously thinking about buying the Universal (i have always wanted a VGA screen) and heses days i think i could class myself as a power user :) (i use wifi, emails, word, excell, tcmp thingy? and WMP plus make phone calls) but why mke a clam shell with no screen on the outside so you have to open it up to see who's calling :roll: