View Full Version : kjam-gprs works, but wifi seems to be blocked!

annyksa
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
my new kjam ( i returned the first one that didn;t get the net) now gets the net thru gprs but the wifi message i get is "error" access denied by proxy.saudi.net.sa which is my provider in saudi arabia, how can they possibly block access to my own home accesspoint? any way around t his? or has anyone had this happen to them? why didn;t they block the wifi on the smartphone? thanks

annyksa
05-31-2006, 01:37 PM
i called my service provider and they said that this issue of my wifi not working has to do with settings on the kjam set by imate, can anyone shed light on this? i cannot change the wifi settings because it doesn;t allow me to change them,is there a different mode where i can change the wif configuation numbers? thanks

Nurhisham Hussein
05-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I think a crucial distinction needs to be made here - it's not the wifi configuration that needs to be changed. Rather it's the network settings that need to be reconfigured. Right now your phone is automatically set to connect to GPRS when an app calls for an internet connection. Simply set up a new network configuration that's blank and you should be good to go (unless you provider requires proxy information to be entered as well).