View Full Version : Need recs for stereo handsfree headphones, corded....

karinatwork
05-28-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't think I ever saw junkier headphones than the ones that came with my I-mate Jamin. They are horrible! Could someone suggest a nice pair of corded headphones with microphone? Thank you so much!!! I've been looking all over and I can't find anything, except for something that will work with the treo 650 - would that work with the Jamin as well? I'm totally new to this, thanks!

Karin :D

Cybrid
05-29-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't think I ever saw junkier headphones than the ones that came with my I-mate Jamin. They are horrible! Could someone suggest a nice pair of corded headphones with microphone? Thank you so much!!! I've been looking all over and I can't find anything, except for something that will work with the treo 650 - would that work with the Jamin as well? I'm totally new to this, thanks!

Karin :DNope, unfortunately the jack is not standard...you'll need to search for a 3rd party solution specific to the Jamin.

Sven Johannsen
05-29-2006, 03:32 AM
You might take a look at what they have over at www.seidioonline.com. For you I would sugest http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=270 ;)

Seriously, what you are trying to fit is a four conductor 2.5mm jack (or plug on the headset cord). I have three HTC phone devices that have 2.5mm headset/mic jacks, SMT5600, SP5, & K-Jam. None of the provided headsets are anything to write home about, but they are all interchangeable. Tels me that iMate is pretty consistant in their wiring. Note the units that are listed on the one i linked and others that say they are for Jam, etc. I am confident that any of this that will work on the Jam/K-Jam/SP5/ will work on yours. They do have a pretty good assortment of options.

I am making a big leap of faith that you do have a 2.5mm jack. If the normal little headphone plug, like on an iPod is too big, then the Jamin is a 2.5mm.

JonnoB
05-29-2006, 03:54 AM
If you have a BT WM5 HTC based device, you should consider looking into the A2DP patch and get a Moto HT820 stereo headset.

karinatwork
05-29-2006, 06:39 AM
You might take a look at what they have over at www.seidioonline.com. For you I would sugest http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=270 ;)

Oh thank you! They even have those in-ear headphones like my Sony Fontopia (or however they're called... I love those).

But I see that all the headphones they are offering on the Jam page are also good for the Treo 650... it's very confusing.

I was also looking at some bluetooth headphones (thanks Jonno), but they're a little big looking. I just need something more "invisible". For just phone calls, I'm going to get myself a sweet little Blueant X3 Micro.

And did I mention I don't like pink..? ;)

:)

Sven Johannsen
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
did I mention I don't like pink..?
:lol: You didn't strike me as a pink person (except maybe the singer)...that's why I suggested those in particular. Pulling your leg, doncha know :wink:

karinatwork
05-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Hence the ;)

Double- ;)

Seriously, you don't even know how much I googled yesterday, and Seidio's website never came up. They gotta work on their keywords!

Thanks again!

K.