View Full Version : wififofum, ipaq and cf wifi card

recurring
05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
hey there

i have a sandisk connect plus 128mb + wifi compact flash card and an hp ipaq hx2110.

i haven't been able to get the sandisk to connect to the net as yet, although the lcd light flashes and there's a little tower image which appears when its connected on the top right hand corner of my screen.

i downloaded wififofum and haven't been able to pick up anything on the radar (device is selected as prism card).

does anyone have any tips at all? i bought the ipaq second hand and just updated the latest rom update (latest, being from mid-2005).

any help would be appreciated

thanks
jo

Nurhisham Hussein
05-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Are you trying to connect at home, or outside? Also IIRC, wififofum won't help you connect to protected networks. Did the card come with its own software (wifi manager)?

Cybrid
05-28-2006, 09:58 PM
hey there

i have a sandisk connect plus 128mb + wifi compact flash card and an hp ipaq hx2110.

i haven't been able to get the sandisk to connect to the net as yet, although the lcd light flashes and there's a little tower image which appears when its connected on the top right hand corner of my screen.

i downloaded wififofum and haven't been able to pick up anything on the radar (device is selected as prism card).

does anyone have any tips at all? i bought the ipaq second hand and just updated the latest rom update (latest, being from mid-2005).

any help would be appreciated

thanks
jo I have that card and it is quite picky...it would work with my 3600 Ipaq but not with my X5...etc.

Use the included sandisk utility to see if you are actually able to pick up hotspots in known working areas. That way it will atleast eliminate the hardware issues I've witnessed.

Other than that It worked great on my 3600