View Full Version : What's the weather like where you are?

Jason Dunn
03-21-2007, 05:20 PM
I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and our weather here is known for being a bit crazy. A couple of days ago it was 18 Celsius and beautiful, then a few hours later it started to snow - and snow and snow. Now we have a few CM of snow everywhere...what's the weather like where you are? :cool:

bleeman
03-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Here in the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) area we've been averaging in the mid 70's Fahrenheit (20's Celcius). Overall, it's been pretty nice although our humidity is starting to rise again so it's getting that "sticky" feeling.

What we really need here though is some rain. We've been on what they call "Stage 3 Water Restrictions" since last June. This means we're only allowed to water lawns via sprinkler systems one day a week, no washing our cars in our driveways, etc. We can hand water plants, and we can use soaker hoses around the base of our homes to keep the ground moist there to prevent our foundations from settling and cracking. We've had some rain to bring the various resevoirs back up, but most are still 8 to 10 feet below normal.

The bottom line, if you want to send your snow our way, we'll be happy to melt it down into water :D

Jason Dunn
03-25-2007, 06:56 AM
The bottom line, if you want to send your snow our way, we'll be happy to melt it down into water :D

I'll get right on that - but first I have to invent the teleporter. :D

bleeman
03-25-2007, 07:16 AM
:D

That might take awhile. Perhaps with the $'s the oil companies are making off our gas purchases we could coerce them into building the Trans-Canada Snowline similar in concept to the Trans-Alaska pipeline and you could just push your snow down to us. We'll just have to be sure it doesn't get to close to any 7-11's or they may hijack it for their Slurpee machines :eek:

Enygma
05-18-2007, 04:19 AM
I live in the good city of New York. Its very overcrowded but Wouldnt change it for the world. Today is pretty cool, but the tempature shall be rising very soon.:D

Jason Dunn
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
The weather here SUCKS. Check this out:

http://www.jasondunn.com/only-in-calgary-400