View Full Version : Owners of I-mate Jamin or Qtek S200: USB mini A or B, 4 or 5 pin???

karinatwork
05-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Can someone tell me if I want to buy a charger/sync cable for my Jamin, which one will work? There are so many types out there. 5 pin, 4 pin, USB to A or B... how confusing!!!
8O
Ebay is full of them, and I am frankly too cheap to shell out $ 23 at Boxwave, if I can find one on Ebay cheaper...

Thanks!

Karin

ctmagnus
06-04-2006, 10:51 PM
It's a mini-b connector.

As for the pin counts, I believe it uses a five-pin connector, but don't take my word for it - the Boxwave sync and charge cables I have for my SMT5600 have five pins each, and Pocket PC Techs have the same model # cable for both the SMT5600 and JAMin.

What you could do is get a flashlight and look at the underside (long edge) of the connector on your JAMin, and just count the connections. I don't know if the number of holes on the the connector is related to the number of connections on its bottom (it's a safe bet that it is), but the SMT5600 has five of each.

Sven Johannsen
06-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I'll second ctmagnus. Every HTC/I-Mate device I have (5 of them) all use the same 5 pin mini-B connector. Can't imagine they wandered off their norm for the Jamin. You want a Type A to mini-B 5 pin.
http://www.l-com.com/content/ConnectorChart.aspx near the bottom.